Tuesday 10 September 2013

Hello! Today's post is about my ideal job. Well, I want to be a physical anthropologist, but being honest, I don't know exactly what I'll do after the end of the career, because my knowledge about the field is limited.
The first job I imagined it was forensic anthropology. But here in the university, after some talks with older students realized that in future there will be not enough jobs for all the graduated students. In consequence, I started to think in other posibilites and at present I would like to work in genetics. I believe it's a very interesting biological science. You can learn about the disease of a population, to know what groups are more susceptible to some illnes and dicover the reasons of this, learn about the crossbreading here in Chile.
To this job I need a lot of knowledge. I'll have to study a lot and to be constant . Also, I will have to be curious enough to design my own scientific research in the future.
I think I would be good at this job because I have a lot of interest in this area and I'm pretty confident in my skills. I really like this subject so I will try to give my best. I hope I can do it.
Well, to find a job it's one of the hardest part because physical anthropology doesn't have many "work field". , I hope I can work in this... But if I can't have the job that I want, I would be happy enough doing something similar.

1 comment:

  1. Constanza, I think that is too early for worrying about "work field" now, we are just in our first year here in the university. Please, have some more of hope. Mmm... about your interest in genetics I have to say that I don't share your feelings. Genetics are too complicated for simple individuals like me (Social Anthropology forever! Yeah!). I wish you very good luck, I know that you will do something great after we graduate. I hope to be there and to see in what a great researcher you will become. Bye bye!

    ReplyDelete